Cheltenham & North Tewkesbury School Sport Network is an organisation committed to improving the level of PE and School Sport in Primary, Secondary, and Special Schools within the area. Our objective is to create a sustainable and coherent infrastructure that nurtures the implementation of hi...
Please check the calendar to find out about the events that we are planning. We offer training for teachers and events for young people.
The network offers a variety of different Continual Professional Development courses for primary, secondary and special school teachers.
PE Conference Now Live for Registrations!
Please click here to register!
District Sports Cheltenham, has an employment opportunity for a Part-Time Multi-Sport Coach (with view to Full-Time role)
Employment Status: Self Employed Sports Coach - £675 per month
Hours: Part-Time 0.6/ Mon to Fri 12:30-16:30 & Wed 09:00 - 12:00
To deliver profressional sports coaching sessions in Primary Schools within the School Sports Network (SSN) and for other independent contracts. Able to deliver quality PE and school sport to an outstanding level, including teacher CPD and after school clubs.
- To plan, organise and deliver sports coaching sessions at primary schools in various forms (ie. PE lessons, lunchtime clubs, PPA cover, after school clubs) NB: Holiday schemes are paid in addition to contracted wage.
- To deliver high quality PE lessons within primary schools whilst upskilling teachers and TA’s responsible for the class (Teacher CPD in PE).
- To train & understand the current Scheme of Work for PE that schools are using within their specific school.
- To train junior sports leaders within primary schools at KS1 and KS2.
- To support & lead the delivery of primary gifted and talented, SEND and physical activity programmes including Maximise Your Potential & Sportsability.
- To support the SSN events & primary sports festivals.
- To support the development of University Sports Placement Students & SSN Apprentices
- To support the development of the SSN when in network schools.
There maybe more additional functions included, especially if the role becomes full-time and District Sports will always be evolving with the evolution of the SSN in the future.
Knowledge and Understanding
- A clear vision and understanding of the role of PE and school sport in the lives of young people.
- A confident and proficient sports coach within many different sports/activities and with an enthusiasm for coaching primary children whilst being flexible in delivery and schedule changes.
- Knowledge of disability sport and inclusion to promote the development of PE to all.
- An upto date understanding of the current School Sport Landscape and the changes associated with this over the past 5 years.
- Experience of working across a range of different sports and physical activity.
- Experience of working with primary aged children within a PE scenario.
- Experience of teaching within curriculum PE lessons.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have a passion for the job, for coaching children and a drive for excellence.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible, creative and innovative.
- The ability to create positive working relationships with a large range of professionals, organisations & individuals (inc. Head teachers, class teachers, Sports Co-ordinators, parents and children).
- The ability to work within a team as well as individually when coaching.
- To show continual career development – ie. Booking on more courses, studying coaching changes and cherry-picking ideas at every opportunity to become a better coach.
Closing Date: 7th October 2016
Interview Date: w/c 17th October 2016
Start Date: 31st October 2016
Following feedback from the streering group regarding the School Sport Network's primary school leadership structure, we created a helpful graphic to assist you with understanding how the various leadership opportunities work with each other. Members, click here for the full leadership resource including PE Chiefs, KS2 Young Leaders, SGOC, and Young Ambassadors.
To read about the new Key Stage 1 PE Chiefs, click on the picture below...
Buying PE equipment or kit ?